The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

main(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: - MU or host problem? (3 posts)

1. Edd
    Posted 17 years ago #

Every so often, when I visit one of my pages, I get this error:

Warning: main(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /absolute/path/to/premium/index.php on line 1

Warning: main(/path/to/header.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /absolute/path/to/premium/index.php on line 1

It only occurs on the pages that are seperate from MU. Basically I made a folder called "Premium" in the root directory and then added a .htaccess to the folder that contained:

RewriteEngine Off
    <Files /order>
    ForceType application/x-httpd-php
    </Files>

That is the only thing that really changes anything. Weirdly, the footer is included at the bottom and doesn't spawn any errors at all. Also, there are no PHP tags in the header, I removed them all so I could include it across the whole site without hitting errors with functions being undefined.
    So is this error MU based or is this a host thing? Hope someone can help me out.
    Thanks a lot,

2. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

<Files /order> is for a directory named "order"
    If your directory name is "premium", you would like to change order to "premium".

I don't know if it would work, but that's what I have for my own non-MU directories.

3. Edd
    Posted 17 years ago #

I got hold of my host and asked them what they could do and they fixed the issue for me. There was an error in one of my custom PHP pages apparently, they didn't tell me much more.
    Thanks for the help regardless. :)

About this Topic