The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Emails Not Sending (7 posts)

1. cgrady1
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have just recently set up my wordpress site using BuddyPress. You can visit it here. I tried registering a demo account just to test it, but I have not recieved the email with my password or anything. I actually don't recieve any emails sent from the site, no notifications or anything. I had a couple people register recently and they also did not recieve any emails. I don't know whats wrong. Please help.

2. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

do you have an email server installed on your server?

3. tpschools
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello, I feel ya cgrady. I recently set up WPMU and have the same issue. We have several servers we're using since we're a school system (i.e., web server, helpdesk server, mail, etc). All separate servers. So, I changed the php.ini file's SMTP mail server to be set with our mail.domain.com, our mail server's address.

Nothing.

So, I downloaded Coffee2Code's Configure SMTP plugin and tried the same thing.

Still nothing.

Been trying to get this working for a week now and have scoured the WPMU forums and the internet via Google. I am more than a bit confused on where to go from here. Any lead could help me (and most likely cgrady, too).

We're running the latest WPMU on WinXP03: IIS 6.

Thanks!

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you reviewed the mail server's error logs as per the debugging page linked to from the readme in the zip download? Also please check to see if php is compiled to include phpmailer and can send emails.

5. tpschools
    Posted 14 years ago #

Short update:

We set up the web server as a mail server as well, seems before I worked here, they had trouble sending mail through the mail server similar to this before.

Changed mail function in the php.ini file to the following:

[mail function]
    ; For Win32 only.
    SMTP = webserver.domain.com
    smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
    sendmail_from = myuser@domain.com

I can now use the Configure SMTP plugin just fine to send test emails to the outside-our-domain (myuser@gmail.com) Admin email.

Still not getting any sort of account/username/pswd notification emails to the internal addresses (eg, otheruser@domain.com) but external ones work (eg, otheruser@gmail.com).

6. kevinsubba
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I was also facing same problem.

I am sure nothing will work until you fix it in your C-panel setting.Its not Wordpress problem but its your domain localhost setting problem.

Find solution here: http://annanta.com/web-world/wordpress-not-sending-email-try-this-fix/

7. jamesmehorter
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://www.callum-macdonald.com/code/wp-mail-smtp/

Fixed my problems!

I think the issue is that my host smtp requires authentication and this plugin allowed me to set that.

I even made a small php page to test the email on my server, this worked, but only when I did not set any headers or additional params for mail(), so I knew it wasn't the server.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by cgrady1
  • Latest reply from jamesmehorter