The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Mu Plugin Twitter OAuth + Facebook Connect + Google Friendconnect (22 posts)

1. honewatson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Mu Plugin Twitter OAuth + Facebook Connect + Google Friend Connect

Login for comments and register as user with any of the above. Anybody interested in testing an alpha stage plugin with this functionality?

2. Trent
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sure thing! Email address at http://trentadams.com/contact/ :)

Trent

3. honewatson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I will provide a link when finished Trent. Is there any particular functionality you are looking for?

4. gpo1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Adapt it for buddypress CMS plugin
    http://www.buddypress.org

5. stephdau
    Posted 14 years ago #

A combined plugin would be awesome. Toughest part are always:

• existing user account reconciliation
    • multi-domain support (when used in MU)
  6. gpo1
    Posted 14 years ago #

@honewatson, are you starting this project or what?

7. DarrenWasHere
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd like the option of switching off the plugin for authentication of mu users/bloggers (we use the LDAP plugin for that) and just use it for comments and sharing. Great idea!

8. honewatson
    Posted 14 years ago #

@gpo1 - the project has started and the first stage is almost ready for testing.

@stephdau - multi-domain support is the aim. For Facebook Connect you can only use one set of api keys per domain (sub domains are ok). This means you would have to get new api keys for each domain that you have on the Mu install. In theory twitter connect supports multi domain logins but there is an issue at the moment with the call back url feature that prevents this. Friend Connect also limits one account per domain so you need to register new domains with Friend Connect each time.

9. Trent
    Posted 14 years ago #

Everything I was thinking was covered and look forward to what you get going honewatson!

Trent

10. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 14 years ago #

I would love to test this baby! Let me know when you have something going on.

Would there be a way to also choose which connections you want to use ( ie: I may only plan to use Facebook connect only )? Also, would there be a configuration to ask for a username and email after signup?

I am running MU with the Buddypress and fbconnect and not allowing people to create a username besides their name doesn't help with privacy.

11. rolandinsh
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm ready to test it too!

12. mrjain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I would love to test this as well.

thanks.

13. edeleon
    Posted 14 years ago #

And mee too! let us know when we can test your plugin!

If you need help developing I'm able to do it!

14. gabrielh
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am also interested in testing this plugin We're changing a young vbulletin based niche-forum into a wpmu/buddypress/bbpress site. It gets significant twitter traffic but no new member registrations, and having twitter OAuth could make a significant difference for us. There is a OAuth plugin in the works for vbulletin, but we were unhappy with that platform.

15. honewatson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry, I've been super busy and got side tracked from this project. Will look at it again very soon.

16. meephaha
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey Honewatson: just to let you know, this plug-in can and will revolutionize the functionality of Wordpress MU and by extension Wordpress. It'll enable a scale dynamic that was never before possible from a single install. I hope you set up a page for this plugin, as well as a donate button. I'm sure many people will be very pleased to see it.

17. AvatarRocks
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello, please let us know how we could test this out for our buddypress site. And possibly offer some collaboration on it's development. Currently I'm looking into Gigya and RPX. But we'd actually like to see how we could customize functionality.

- Jeff -

http://www.vybee.com

18. mortay
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello, I'm very interested in trying the plugin you are developing.

We are working on a WordPress MU platform (http://www.pequelia.es) and we have a lot of traffic from "Facebook", so that we could do.

If it works with BuddyPress be something incredible.

Thank you very much! ;-))

19. nightlyfe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Interested in testing and giving feedback, thanks! Also looking for buddypress function..

20. rizzn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Definitely keep me in the loop on this one. I'd like to test and eventually implement something like this on SiliconANGLE.

21. nadeeja
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi honewatson,

if your interested I can help you out with some of the wp integration although I have no idea about the external APIs.

Nadeeja

22. gazouteast
    Posted 13 years ago #

honewatson

Sign me up on this one too - I've got a string of WPMU installs (all subdomain format) some with and some without BuddyPress.

When WP 3.0 rolls, almost all my standalone blogs will be moving over to MU as well (haven't got time to roll them before then).

Gaz

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by honewatson
  • Latest reply from gazouteast