The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Sign Ups not receiving Registration email (3 posts)

1. ZKWC
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm using 2.7.1 MU + Buddypress -

I've enabled users to allow them to create user names and blogs.
    I've enabled Registration Notification.

These are the plug-ins I have installed:

Twitter for Wordpress 1.9.4
    Displays your public Twitter messages for all to read. Based on Pownce for Wordpress by Cavemonkey50.

Contact Form 7 1.10.0.1
    Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.

Google Reader widget 0.1
    Adds a widget with the links to the stories shared or starred or of a certain tag of a google reader

Picture Album 0.001
    You can upload pictures to your album and post wire messages on pictures.

Limit Blogs per User 1.0

Pictur Ablum Upload Limit 1.001
    Description.

ShareThis 3.0.1
    Let your visitors share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites. Configuration options are here. Questions on configuration, etc.? Make sure to read the README.

Limit Login Attempts 1.3.1
    Limit rate of login attempts, including by way of cookies, for each IP.

Embedded Video 4.1
    Easy embedding of videos from various portals or local video files with corresponding link. Configure...

Unfiltered MU 1.1
    Adds the unfiltered_html capablitiy to Administrators and Editors so that content posted by users with those roles is not filtered by KSES; Embeds, Iframe, etc. are preserved. Note: If for any reason the unfiltered_html capability is ever lost, simply deactivate, and then reactivate this plugin.

Akismet 2.2.4
    Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need a WordPress.com API key to use it. You can review the spam it catches under "Comments." To show off your Akismet stats just put <?php akismet_counter(); ?> in your template. See also: WP Stats plugin.

WPtouch iPhone Theme 1.8.9.1
    A plugin which reformats your site with a mobile theme when viewing with an Apple iPhone, Apple iPod touch, Google Android or Blackberry Storm touch mobile device. Set options for the theme by visiting the WPtouch Options admin panel.

WP-Polls Widget 2.40
    Adds a Poll Widget to display single or multiple polls from WP-Polls Plugin. You will need to activate WP-Polls first.

Wordpress BlockYou 1.0
    A plugin used to block IP addresses from accessing your blog, and then redirect them to a URL of your choice. Useful for RickRolling, etc.

bp-my-search 0.01
    Now You can search multiple words

Welcome Pack 1.2
    Provides default friend, default group and welcome message functionality to BuddyPress.

BuddyPress 1.0.1
    BuddyPress will add social networking features to a new or existing WordPress MU installation.

Register Plus (this plug-in doesn't even show up when registering) It's obviously not MU friendly. But, it isn't causing the trouble as I just installed it and the trouble was before this install. I installed this to try and solve the problem of not receiving emails.

----

No one is getting the registration emails with the link to click on to verify their email address - not even me. This used to work, and now it isn't. So, no one is able to sign up unless I "add new user" in the backend. Then they receive their emails. So, it can't be my host or those emails wouldn't go through. And I'm running out of my own email addresses to test this as it prevents the same email address from being used for a new user account.

Has anyone else run into similar issues, and if so, how did you solve it?

I would appreciate the help. I just launched my site and no one can join.

I posted this in "plug-ins and hacks" on accident I think. Maybe it's a plug-in issue though... hmm

2. JohnyRed
    Posted 13 years ago #

same issue here, havent fixed it though :(

3. coolakul
    Posted 13 years ago #

It is possible that your e-mails are going into the junk folder

About this Topic