The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain Mapping (11 posts)

1. broncos365
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am not using subdomains and want to utilize the PS WP Multi Domain mapping plugin.

I have it installed but am not sure how to configure it. Can anyone offer a link or some help to the setup?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you sure that one works with a subfolder install?

3. broncos365
    Posted 14 years ago #

it says it should

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well.... what bit are you having an issue with then?

Did you try it?

5. broncos365
    Posted 14 years ago #

as I said, I installed it and don't see where you configure it

that is my question, I am looking to see if anyone has installed it and any tips they may have for setting it up'

if you don't know that is fine, the issue I am specifically having is once it is installed how do you configure it so that on a non-subdomain MU install I can map people's domains to the blogs they have on my Wordpress site

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can you give me a link to the specific plugin?

I've worked with up to 5 other plugins like this - they ALL add a menu in the backend. Look under Settings or Site Admin. And possibly the readme file that came with the plugin.

On top of that, you'll need to park your domain on top of your MU install. No plugin can help you do that part.

7. broncos365
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks andrea

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ps-wp-multi-domain/

that is the plugin I am trying to use, I am willing to use whatever works though, I get the domain parking part...I just haven't gotten to that point yet :-)

any suggestions are appreciated if it looks like this plugin isn't what I should use

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well now that I see the plugin you're using, it clears a LOT up.

this is not a domain mapping plugin for MU. This plugins makes a SINGLE wp blog answer to more than one domain. It's never going to do what you want.

The only domain mapping plugin available that works with subdomains is in the musupport.net forums in the paid section.

There are Multi-Site plugins that work to do similar, but they turn each domain into a whole MU *site* so users can sign up for a blog under each domain.

9. broncos365
    Posted 14 years ago #

ahh, well that explains a lot, thank you so much!

10. James Callaway
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea,

I bought your Simple Multi Site plugin and it seems to turn each domain into a whole MU site. In your description it seemed to be what I needed. What I had wanted originally was to be able to assign domain names to subfolder blogs. Did I buy the wrong plugin or am I missing something?

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Send us an email, we'll get you straightened out.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by broncos365
  • Latest reply from andrea_r