The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide plugins not active on old posts but active on new posts (5 posts)

1. plug_n_author
    Posted 14 years ago #

Okay. I've had the same weird issue with the last two plugins I've activated 'sitewide'. I've narrowed the problem down to posts that didn't have each plugin activated when they were created vs. posts created after activation.

I can verify that the plugin isn't loaded on the old posts by adding a echo "abc"; at the top of the file and reloading the page on both an old and new post.

What do I need to do to fix this issue so all old posts show the sitewide activated plugins?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a bug, a trac ticket has recently been filed.

3. plug_n_author
    Posted 14 years ago #

So...how do I fix it locally? That is, what wp_#_option/wp_#_postmeta should I be looking at? I should perhaps clarify that statement: I've written both of the last two plugins myself and have a pretty good idea of how to not break WPMU, so you can get rather technical and I'll understand. Of course, if the solution involves serialized data buried in some table, I'll probably just wait for the next upgrade.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If it's a plugin affecting posts, can you re-save the post to see if that fixes it?

trac ticket for info:
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1010

Short term: get the plugin commander plugin and use that for sitewide activation.

5. plug_n_author
    Posted 14 years ago #

Since all plugins are sitewide activated, I figured out that wp_#_options stores an entry called 'active_plugins'. I wrote a script that takes wp_1_options (root blog) and copies that specific option to all the other blogs. It is a temporary fix until a real fix arrives (a bit dangerous but it works).

I'd rather use this solution than install yet another plugin into the WPMU install.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by plug_n_author
  • Latest reply from plug_n_author