The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Latest updated blogs outside the WP / WPMU folder? (3 posts)

1. debrouille
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm running a non-VHOST installation, in a subfolder "/blogs".
    I try to list the blogs with the newest post on my website's homepage. All i find in forums about showing any WP stuff outside its folder was found in the Wordpress forum, not in this one about WPMU, and no solution seem to work.

Especially i read about using this in the page outside wordpress:
    <?php require('blogs/wp-blog-header.php'); ?> (tried of course blogs/wp-inst/wp-blog-header.php)
    But this just shows the main blog (admin one).

Anyone has an idea on how to do this?

I also read from using RSS feeds. Does this mean, i would need i kind of php-tool to read rss feeds on my website's homepage?

Any tip is very welcome. I'm searching since hours and days and i feel that the solution is soooo easy...
    Thanks for any help.

2. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can use a plugin that generates a feed for all sites. "Site Wide Feed" (aka wpmu-feed) from ITDamager. This will enable you to get a feed that you then can use on your site. If your main site is also a Wordpress or WPMU blog then you are in luck... install the Widgets plugin and make sure you use a widgets enabled theme, then you'll have a default widget for RSS feeds where you paste the link in that is generated from ITDamagers plugin!!

Good luck!

3. debrouille
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks a lot, i'll try that!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by debrouille
  • Latest reply from debrouille