The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

admin white screen, create home page (5 posts)

1. chuckstr
    Posted 14 years ago #

Here's what I'm trying to do, create an editable homepage for each new blog. Many themes create a "home" page, but can't be edited by the user (unless you give them access to theme code). I had successfully created an "About Me" page in wpmu-functions.php before under First Page code. So, I thought I could create a "home" page using the same code, then delete the home page creation code in the header of each theme.

On test, I created a new blog, the admin screen went white and I'm uable to login to the admin of any blog. I deleted the mysql tables for the new blog and returned the wpmu-functions code to the original. But I still get the white screen on login.

The error log shows:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/public_html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:4399) in /home/admin/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

Here's the code at pluggable.php line 856:
    header("Location: $location");

Any suggestions?
    Much appreciated!

2. chuckstr
    Posted 14 years ago #

Resolved. I uploaded a fresh copy of the wpmu-functions.php and that cleared it up.
    Thank you!

3. andreao
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having the same problem with a new install that worked for a few days perfectly but all of a sudden gone. What folder is the wpmu-functions.php located?

Andrea
    http://www.pampermeplace.net/blog

4. andreao
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry tried it and no go. Trying to clear cache and refresh. Most annoying thing I've ever had happen. Lots of work down the tubes and for no reason apparently. Scary to even try doing things when stuff like this happens with the flick of a button.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you woke up one day and stuff was gone, did you ask your webhost if anything happened?

The big white screen means an error - everything is still there. You have to remember what you did and undo the last thing.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by chuckstr
  • Latest reply from andrea_r