The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

P2 on WPMU (9 posts)

1. tragicallyhip
    Posted 14 years ago #

Howdy, ya'll.

I've been testing P2 on WPMU and its been working great. I've also been testing a lot of integration plugins for Twitter, Facebook, etc. Somewhere along the line, P2 (several instances for testing) lost its javascript. If you come to the page and you are logged in, the post form doesn't display. Log out and back in, there it is. Type your message and click Post It, and you get an error asking if you're sure you want to navigate away (both Safari and Firefox on Mac). You say okay, the page refreshes with the post inline but without the cool yellow accent/fade effect. And the reply link no longer works.

Clearly something has interfered with the core P2 theme since I'm getting the same behavior on 4 blogs. Can anyone suggest what might be the cause?

Thanks,

Patrick

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I've also been testing a lot of integration plugins for Twitter, Facebook, etc. Somewhere along the line, P2 (several instances for testing) lost its javascript."

these two things are related.

Disable all the plugins and see if the theme behaves properly.

3. equalmark
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having similar problems. On one blog I have a P2 install that works but the inline effects or real time effects do not work. Tag suggestions are not working, but when you post a post it pops up with a grey black message confirming that this was successful. Refreshing the page shows the post but it will not display until refreshed. However the comments work fine and the yellow highlight thing works fine.

On another blog on MU (different domain and server) I am getting the symptoms described by tragicallyhip except mine will not post.

The first blog has no plugins at all. The second is running WPDirAuth and maintanence mode plugin.

Anyone any ideas?

Oh its WP MU 2.8.6.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got the latest P2 version?

5. equalmark
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes I am running the latest version that I have downloaded today - 1.1.3

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think it has functions it in that depends on code in 2.9.

7. equalmark
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK thanks. It does mention that I think in the about stuff but it seemed to work for a while which is strange. Anyway will wait for 2.9 and then see how goes.

Thanks for your help.

8. modifiedcontent
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm trying to use P2 within Buddypress, integrated in my custom theme with the Group Blog plugin.

I have it partly working, but posts submitted via P2's post-form.php all end up on the main blog.

How can I associate the P2 form with the particular BP/WPMU blog? What should I focus on to figure it out?

9. BlogginHood
    Posted 13 years ago #

You Have to create a loop. Using a category to direct will keep it off your main blog or home page.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by tragicallyhip
  • Latest reply from BlogginHood