The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adsense Delux with page impression counter? (7 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am looking for the following kind of plugin and I cannot find one that will do what I am looking for it to do.

I need something like Google Adsense Deluxe. I need it to be able to insert paid-for ads, rotated with other ads, but will stop inserting specific ads after a specified number of impressions have been made.

I need something that is easy to configure.

Any direction would be appreciated.

2. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

seriously ...

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

OIO Publisher is the only thing I know of that comes close.

And I don't know how it performs on MU.

Plus it's a paid plugin. (worth it if it does what you want)

4. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

rats. Nothing on WPMUDEV?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The "stop inserting specific ads after a specified number of impressions have been made" is the kicker.

Might have to be handled in whatever ad code you're using to serve up the ads, instead of the plugin itself.

6. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm currently experimenting with OpenX -- which I find a little clunky. I'm also looking at Inout Adserver (if you use this, give me details, please!), which is NOT open source, and retails for more $149 now.

I'm getting gun shy about using MORE open source stuff. I like the idea of there being people who are paid to answer questions, whether or not they really feel like answering.

And I checked out OIO Publisher. Looks decent, but not what I am looking for, as I need to serve ads across many sites, not all of them blogs, let along WP blogs.

7. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK, here is the update: We are now using InOut Scripts Adserver platform to generate Google Adsense-like text ads and graphic ads. Of course, we want to encourage citizen journalism by letting local folks make some money off their efforts.

We've set this up so that ANYONE can sign up as a publisher and paste our code and run out ads, whether or not they use our new WPMu installation or whether they use Blog*Spot or whatever. And we are being very generous with the incoming revenue, too. 90 percent of the click-through revenue will go to the publishers, not us. We can do this because my business partner and I will be the running the same ads and will be out own biggest customers at first.

But we want to make it really east for those who are using our WPMu installation to past the ads (as well as any other ads) in their themes. And obviously, this means using plugin.

So, I am asking the WPMu community: What Google Adsense plugin would work to help users insert our code into their sides.

Any advice, WPMu community?

We're going live in two weeks

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from billdennis5