The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

What is the Change Password Url (1 post)

1. gen-superman
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have currently installed on my site:

Wordpress MU 2.7.1
    BPPRESS 1.0.2 (Buddypress)
    BBPRESS 1.0

I am wanting to know if there is a different url that I can use "Besides the profile url" which will let a user edit or change their password without seeing the profile area?

The reason being is that I am currently using BPPRESS and its members/profile capabilities, and I would like to find a way to hide the profile link or force the profile link to go back to the front page, but still have the ability for users to edit/change their passwords.

It seems buddypress doesn't have the ability to change passwords in its profile areas, from what I can tell... Since Buddypress and WPMU uses separate profiles.

Is this even possible, is there a link or a code/script/plugin that will allow users to change their passwords on a different page/url... maybe by even me creating a page, that allows them to change it?

Any ideas?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I guess I'm going to also need a way to have them be able to edit their e-mail address too. So, I guess, is there maybe a way to just edit the profile page for what it will show and not show? As I really don't want people to have the ability to edit their display name or have a different display name?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by gen-superman