The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 2.8.1 beta (6 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just released WordPress MU 2.8.1 beta.

This is about as close as you'll get to the final release because that final release is due very soon. That's why I need YOU (imagine an American dude with a top hat pointing at you) to test the beta release.

Grab the zip file, upload the files to a test server, login and "do stuff". Mess around, play with it, break it if you can and leave a comment on this thread or on my blog post, or if you're sure you've found a bug open a ticket on Trac.

2. alexplant
    Posted 14 years ago #

Donncha,

You are a good man. I will be testing the new 2.8 custom taxonomy features.

Alex.

3. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks guy,

have been waiting long for mu 2.8 to come by
    i appreciate your hard work no it
    i wil try it asap and let you know if something was found

Mahmood

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

All seems to be working fine here, apart from the fact that when I log into the back end it puts me on the profile page rather than the dashboard.

Is it just me or is it a little faster?

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmm, my visual editor seems to have vanished for some users.

Edited to add:

Its odder than that. Users can either have the Visual or the HTML editor, and they can't change between the two.

Also if you toggle from 2 columns to 1 column on the screen options and then toggle back again then the editor window shrinks but the objects that moved down under the editor don't move back again.

Edited to add some more:

The visual/hmtl switching problem seems to have been resolved by disabling the usegoogle mu-plugin which offloads some scripts

6. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Upgraded one of WPMU installations via FTP upload (the old-fashioned way) tonight. Almost everything in working order now. Some challenges along the way:
    1) although I disabled all plugins in Site Admin dashboard prior to FTP upload, I forgot to rename mu-plugins, and I got the blank white admin screen. Still, front pages were all okay, permalinks working for all, etc. Renamed mu-plugins via FTP, and admin was all right. Then renamed folder back to mu-plugins and admin remained in working order, phew.
    2) although I could change/update Admin Message (old plugin not the premium one) in backend, I could not create a link in message like I did before. Whenever I saved e.g.
    Check out <a href="http://tutorials.example.com/">Site Tutorials Here</a>.
    Extra back slashes were added in link made:
    Check out <a href=\"http://tutorials.example.com/\">Site Tutorials Here</a>.
    thereby rendering link inoperative. Only solution was to just type out the link which they could copy and then paste in browser. Still looking for solution to this one.
    3) I have run upgrade.php and upgrade went well, no problem. However, above admin panel and in footer, it states "WordPress MU 2.8.1 is available! Please update." and "Get Version 2.8.1"
    Double-checked version.php in wp-includes and it notes "$wpmu_version = '2.8.1';" so I am not going to sweat this small stuff :-)

About this Topic