The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Weird Edit Pages behavior (5 posts)

1. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

This morning, I upgraded my site to WPMU 2.8.1. After experiencing & reading about all of the problems people are having with WPMU 2.8.1, I decided to go back to WPMU 2.7.1. All is working well, however, one problem that I thought was in 2.8.1 seems to now be with me after going back.

When I edit a page (haven't tried any others yet), after I click the Update button, I get taken to wp-admin/page.php. The URL reads

http://<my site>/wp-admin/page.php

That's it. The page is completely blank. I've checked & the code in the pages.php with my original copy of it in 2.7.1, which I still have on my MacBook, and the files are identical.

This didn't happen with 2.7.1 before I did the upgrade. I think it used to take me back to wp-admin/edit-pages.php before, for the same page, but with a "go back" link at the top of the page.

I tried deleting all of the files in the wp-admin folder & uploading them again to make sure that everything was 2.7.1, but it's still happening. I even emptied the cache in Safari.

Anybody have any ideas?

Tony

2. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just checked & it happens on IE8 as well as on Safari. Though the admin page formatting on IE8 is messed up too . . .

Tony

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you check your error logs?

White /blank screen means and error of some sort (it's suppressed).

4. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, I didn't know that. I'm new to WP. Only been working with it for a few weeks.

I'll go check the error logs, thanks.

5. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just checked the error log & I found that there was a message from a script that belongs to one of my plugins, specifically the store-locator plugin. I have deactivated the plug-in & now that behavior has stopped.

Guess I have to report the problem to the plug-in developer now.

Thanks!

TOny

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by TonyVitabile
  • Latest reply from TonyVitabile