The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need to be pointed to some code examples (3 posts)

1. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm building a web site using WPMU. I'm customizing my header.php. What I'd like to have in the upper right hand corner is an area where I identify the user & provide them some administrative links.

If the user is not logged in to the site, I'd like the following to display:

Welcome, Guest | Log-in | Register

If the user is logged in, I'd like this to display:

Welcome, Joe | Log-out

Where the user's name is a link to their profile page.

I've got the style sheet set up & the text is appearing where I'd like it to go. I've got the logic coded using the is_user_logged_in() function to make the test. My problem is I can't find the documentation on how to code the user registration link.

I'm using wp_lgin_url() to retrieve the log-in url & that works. I tried wp_register() for the registration link, but that just kills the page processing right there. So I don't know how I'm supposed to do that part.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Tony

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

My problem is I can't find the documentation on how to code the user registration link.

There isn't any. It's just a link to the signup page. There's no function that generates it. you just literally have to put the a href in there.

3. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you, Andrea. I actually found a topic literally 3 minutes ago (as I type this) that showed exactly what you're talking about. I've got it working now.

Now that I've actually seen how the wp-signup.php file looks, I gotta go into the CSS & change a few tags.

Thanks!

Tony

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by TonyVitabile
  • Latest reply from TonyVitabile