The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[ plugin: Global Header ] Just tanked... help? (8 posts)

1. Driftless1
    Posted 14 years ago #

So the weird thing is, I upgraded to 2.8.1 a few days ago - everything was fine. Then last night I updated the wp-admin/includes/functions.php and my-functions.php files from the trac, and that seems to have killed the Global Header plugin.

Anyone else experience this? I thought all that was changed in those trac releases was the upgrade nag...

2. jamescollins
    Posted 14 years ago #

Where exactly did you download the two functions files from? Was it from the 2.8 branch or from trunk?

What are their exact names?

You can see the list of recent changes to the branch here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/log/branches/2.8

and the trunk here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/log/trunk/

Worst case, you can restore those two files by downloading them from the 2.8.1 release tag: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.8.1/

3. Driftless1
    Posted 14 years ago #

4. jamescollins
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you click on "Revision Log" on that trac page, it will list the recent changes to that file in the 2.8 branch.

The upgrade nag was fixed in changeset 1868, but as you can see there are also other bug fixes in that file.

Can I suggest that you download the latest version (checked in less than an hour ago) and see if the plugin still has problems?

If so, then I suggest downloading the revisions of that file one by one (starting with @1861 then @1868 etc) to see which exact change is causing you problems.

What is the exact problem with the global header plugin?

5. Driftless1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank James - I'll try to get around to it tomorrow morning (time for bed) and see if I can ferret out the issue.

Cheers!

6. Driftless1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Booyah!

Okay, here is the offender:

Somewhere between build 1860 and 1890 this line changed in wp-includes/functions.php

3161	 	        $value = maybe_unserialize( stripslashes($value) );
     	3165	        $value = maybe_unserialize( $value );

and leaves \" in the global header in very inconvenient places like:

<div id=\"global-header\">

which you can imagine kills the CSS.

So... if I revert that line, whats the danger? Otherwise, how does one go about fixing global-header?

Cheers!

7. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

When was the last time you downloaded the global header plugin. Because of the change in 2.8.1, with some of the wpmu plugins, I had to add some code in order for it to strip out "\". In the global header plugin I just downloaded, it seemed to have been updated with the same code scheme I use. I would suggest downloading the plugin and upload it to overwrite the existing one to see if it fixes the problem.

8. Driftless1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi parkstreet -- somehow that update snuck past me. Thanks!

All seems well with version 557780708 and 2.8.(2)

Cheers!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Driftless1
  • Latest reply from Driftless1