The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't find Publish button on Edit Post page after upgrading to 2.8.1 (3 posts)

1. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

I upgraded to WPMU 2.8.1 this evening & decided to add a post. My site has no posts at all right now, just a bunch of pages.

When I was finished writing the post, I wanted to publish it, but couldn't find any publish button. The editor box took up the whole width of the screen minus the left hand control panel. I couldn't find the categories box either.

I used my host's restore feature to restore the site to where it was at about 4:00 pm & I went back to 2.7.1. When I edited the post, the whole right hand control panel was back, complete with the publish button.

Is this a bug or was there something wrong with my install?

Tony

2. TonyVitabile
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK, I've resolved this.

I downloaded the User Access Manager plugin. The instructions for it indicate that there is a replacement for the wp-admin/includes/template.php file that you need to copy over said file. Which I did. I had done this right after upgrading to WPMU 2.8.1, so I never saw that the replacement template.php was the problem.

After I got home from church today, I had a suspicion about it & I put the original template.php back. Suddenly, the entire right hand control area came back.

I don't know what was in that file, but the instructions say it's optional so I'm not going to use it.

Tony

3. eochu
    Posted 14 years ago #

Solved!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by TonyVitabile
  • Latest reply from eochu