The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

call_user_func_array()... : First argument is expected to a valid callback,... (5 posts)

1. flairj
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to WPMU and tried a fresh install of 2.8.1 recently.

WPMU reports "Installation successful", but I get

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '_show_post_preview' was given in /home/mymocla8/public_html/1online-coza/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 339

at the top of of the home page - see http://1online.co.za/ and

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '_show_post_preview' was given in /home/mymocla8/public_html/1online-coza/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 339

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mymocla8/public_html/1online-coza/wp-includes/plugin.php:339) in /home/mymocla8/public_html/1online-coza/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

at the logon page - please see http://1online.co.za/wp-admin/

I've checked the reported files, re-uploaded them, etc. but no idea of the cause..? This is a vanilla installation - no plugins/themes added...

Please help with any suggestions!

Regards
    flairJ

2. tomdebruin
    Posted 14 years ago #

Having the same issue, but not on my primary blog, only on the sub blogs (with subdirectories rather than subdomains).

Tracked it down to plugin that I have installed sitewide (pagebar2). Though it could be any. Try switching them on one at a time to identify which is causing the issue.

3. flairj
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi tomdebruin,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, as mentioned, my installation is brand new (vanilla, as downloaded from mu.wp.org), i.e. NO plugins, themes, etc. so I have nothing to deactivate. In fact, I cannot even log into wp-admin (see above)..!

Help - anyone!

Regards
    flairj

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Cannot modify header information usually implies a file with a blank line after the closing ?>

Also if you look they are warnings. Ideally you should have php set to send warnings/errors to a file and not to the screen.

I just went to your site and got a 500 error.

I'd grab 2.8.2 and blow everything away and try again from scratch.

5. nooozeguy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having a similar problem on my site, FialkoffConsulting.com.

I just upgraded to WordPress 2.8.5 and Thesis 1.6.1. I also use a skin, Fresh Company and I have some functions in the wrong files, but I'm certain how to fix this.

Thanks,
    Josh

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by flairj
  • Latest reply from nooozeguy