The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

HTTP error / Media File Capacity (6 posts)

1. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've recently found myself running into a problem when trying to upload more pics and vids in one of my sub directory blogs. I keep getting the "HTTP ERROR" and can't upload a thing. I see in the dashboard that I'm almost at the maximum of 10mb on the sub directory blog. I'm assuming this is the cause of the error.

Funny thing is that on my main blog I have MORE than the allotted 10mbs and it seems I can continue to upload there.

I suppose I need to increase these limits but for the life of me I cannot find where the settings are, if they're adjustable at all. I would hope so because if not my plan for the site is shot to hell. I'll be uploading a large number of pics and vids to the over all domain and on each and every sub directory blog. All the sub-directory blogs will be handled by myself. The site isn't for use by outside users.

Hosting bandwidth and storage space is not an issue, just the parameters set in MU.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this would be appreciated.

2. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

If uploading to all blogs is only done by you, then you can go to Site Admin -> Options, scroll to the bottom and increase the Blog upload space, or go to Site Admin -> Blogs and click on the blog to edit its quota. Also, on the options page, you may need to up the Max upload file size as well.

3. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

sweet... That was easy. I did up the max upload size as well.

Is there a limit that MU can handle? Just asking as I know the other blogs are really "virtual" blogs.

4. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

When Wordpress.com released videopress, they stated that uploading 1.5GB was idea and that 2GB might work. So, I would use them as a standard. Maybe it can handle more, but if they are suggesting 1.5GB for their website, then that is what I would use as well.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a limit that MU can handle? Just asking as I know the other blogs are really "virtual" blogs.

The blogs are virtual, but the uploaded files are stored on the server directly (not in the database). So really the only limit is your server.

6. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Parkstreet and Andrea. Having been using the standalone WP, I'm fairly comfortable with it, but there are a few little adjustments I need to catch up with for MU. So far so good.

I'm sure I'll have a few more 'noob' questions in the future. lol

About this Topic