The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New users and the dashboard blog. A question (3 posts)

1. lriggle
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Guys!

I just have a question, and it's quite possibly a dumb one. Also, I don't know if it should go under "How-To's" or here under hacks.

I would like to make it so that all new users, regardless of if they have a blog, get added to the main blog as subscribers.

I've got BBPress integrated with my wordpress installation, and I'm concerned that when new users sign up on WPMU and they're not added to the main blog, their accounts won't be viable on the forums, since BBPress bases it's user roles off of the main blog's user roles.

So, dumb? Maybe. Is it possible? You tell me!

Ta!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I'm concerned that when new users sign up on WPMU and they're not added to the main blog, their accounts won't be viable on the forums, since BBPress bases it's user roles off of the main blog's user roles."

When you hook up MU & bbpress, the accounts do work, so you may be overthinking what needs to be done. :) The last time I did it, they shared the user table (which is global) and it just... worked.

3. lriggle
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Andrea!

You may be right, and I may be overthinking things. I'm just a little...uneasy, I guess...because when I go to look at the users portion of BBPress, most of the users (not that there are many users at the moment) have their role set to "Inactive (no role)".

If it just works without me having to worry about that, then WOO!

We haven't started funneling users to our forums yet, as the theme isn't finished, so I guess I also have some extra testing to do.

:D

Thanks much!

About this Topic