The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Uploaded plugins not listed (3 posts)

1. cruvvers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I'm setting up a new Mu install and have 2.8.2 installed. In the early stages and all seemed to be OK, except for adding plugins.

I've checked the plugins box in Site Admin -> Options yet when I upload plugins to the /wp-content/plugins directory they aren't listed on the plugins screen.

Just tried uploading Akismet via the dashboard and it uploads and installs. However, I can't deactivate it. Removing the akismet directory deactivates it but leaves a blank line in the 'Currently Active Site Wide Plugins' section, complete with deactivate link!

There's another plugin in the plugins dir but it doesn't show up.

I've installed and configured Mu a good few times and never come across this behaviour. Wondering if it is /wp-content/ permissions related??

Any ideas gratefully received.

-pc.

2. tomdebruin
    Posted 14 years ago #

just been having a similar issue, including the stray deactivate link that doesn't do anything. So I deleted activated plugins in the database...

Found out that mu-plugins can't been in a sub folder.

3. delayedinsanity
    Posted 14 years ago #

@cruvvers, never ran into that problem before, but it'd be interesting to know what was happening. You mentioned permissions, what are yours set at? /wp-content/ should be set back to 0755 after initial installation is completed, at which time /wp-content/blogs.dir/ should be owned by www-data (or whatever user your web server runs under) and /wp-content/plugins is still owned by the same user as /wp-content/ (should be the username that you use to sign in to your shell or ftp) and also set to 0755.

@tomdebruin, yep, but there's no reason for more complex mu-plugins you can't have a file in /mu-plugins/ that simple includes files from a sub-directory such as /mu-plugins/your_plugin as they're needed.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by cruvvers
  • Latest reply from delayedinsanity