The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

2.8.2 Installed and admin shows but it thinks its not installed? (6 posts)

1. Lukehluke
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I installed Wordpress MU 2.8.2 and I can access the admin panel and change things on it etc but when I go to view site it comes up with the install page.

It says stuff like:

"Installing WordPress µ

Welcome to WordPress µ. I will help you install this software by asking you a few questions and asking that you change the permissions on a few directories so I can create configuration files and make a directory to store all your uploaded files."

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

When did you install it and where are you hosted?

3. Lukehluke
    Posted 14 years ago #

I installed it last night... a little before I posted the thread.

Its hosted on a friends server.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2686/install.png <--- Screenshot of page.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

- is it on a stand-alone server of your friend's, or is it at a place like Godaddy? (which disables the WPMU install if you're not on the right account)?
    - is it in the root of the domain (sometimes it matters)

5. Lukehluke
    Posted 14 years ago #

Stand Alone Server.

I have it in a sub folder and there is a wordpress install on the root domain but I removed:

"No, you don't need to remove them. The files go up a directory to detect a config file, and they're finding the WP ones. you can disable this.

Go to wp-blog-header.php, comment out line 9 "if ( !file_exists( dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-config.php') && !file_exists( dirname( dirname(__FILE__) ) . '/wp-config.php')) {"

then go to line 24, which is "}" and comment it out as well. Then run the installer."

Like someone said in a different thread.

6. dholowiski
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi I don't know if you figured it out yet, but I was having the exact same problem with you and I just fixed it.
    Just go and un-comment out the lines that you commented out - this worked for me. I believe that commenting the lines out temporarily changes the logic to force an install.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Lukehluke
  • Latest reply from dholowiski