The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Not able to publish a post (9 posts)

1. mazakaro
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I am publishing any post then the publishing is creating no problem but when I am viewing the published page then it is displaying 404 page not found error. What may be the problem. Is there a problem of any file permission or i have to change permission of any directory.

One funny thing also happening that i am not facing any such problem if I am installing a simple wordpress instead of wordpressMU.

I have set wildcard DNS for my domain too but also published post is not visible.

And one more interesting thing is that my post is present in MySQL database. Means post is getting inserted in the database but its not visible in browser.

Is this the problem of .htaccess

Plz reply and help me

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes! :D It *is* .htaccess... is there one in the root of your WPMU install? is the webserver reading it correctly?

3. mazakaro
    Posted 14 years ago #

But how to make my blog working.

I have tested by deleting .htaccess file and also by changing its permission.

Please help me out :(

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you asked your wehost's support? Tell them permalinks aren't working.

The htaccess file HAS to be there.

5. mazakaro
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sir, permalinks are working for my server. Plz tell what i have to do. I own my own dedicated server. I bought server few months back and from that time i am not able to use wordpress MU. Simple wordpress is working fine. Can you plz tell all the requirements for wordpress MU. I have enabled wildcard DNS also. You may view http://bitsian.org

In bitsian.org blogs are visible but posts are not visible.

If you want then please tell i will provide you password so that you can check it.

6. DJTwittr
    Posted 14 years ago #

sorry I searched for my problem and this seemed to be the same issue, My posts work fine... my templates show up fine... but when I am in my admin panel and try to post s post (wordpress mu) and my main blog....haven't tried a user blog yet.... the post goes blank.... if I pull posts from rss... it appears fine.... any help????

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

@mazakaro - In your Virtual Host, you'll need:
    AllowOverride All so the server will read the htaccess file. And make sure the htaccess file is there.

The link for the posts on the blogs is called a permalink. And they are not working, just like you described. This is controlled by the htaccess file.

@DJTwitter - a bank page means an error. Likely, it's a plugin so turn them all off and see if the issue goes away. If so, you'll have to turn them back on one by one to find out which plugin is doing it.

8. mazakaro
    Posted 14 years ago #

@ andrea_r - I made changes to httpd.conf file and added AllowOverride for bitsian.org but its not working right now also.

I am able to open bitsian.org. Also i am able to open one of its plog like rahul.bitsian.org but i am not able to open its posts. Please help me and tell what i must do.

Thanks

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a .htaccess file there? Compare the content to htaccess.dist.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mazakaro
  • Latest reply from andrea_r