The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Keep getting "Coming Soon page" for new subdomain blogs (5 posts)

1. ALT83
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just created a fresh install of Wordpress MU and am going for the subdomain option (I've accordingly set-up a wildcard A record for my domain). I'm hosted on the Rackspace Cloud (formerly Mosso) in case that helps.

The install went smoothly and I can create regular blog posts on the default blog that's installed. I can even take the steps to create new blogs (define their subdomain etc.). But then when I go visit the subdomain, I get a page that is blank apart from the words "Please come back later." and "Coming Soon page" in the browser title bar.

Any thoughts on why this might be? Is this a host-side problem?

Thanks,

Alex

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Because Mosso doesn't allow for the wildcard subdomains in their Apache setup.

3. ALT83
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ah thanks - that's pretty irritating, I guess my only option is to create aliases manually which is a pain... For some sites I guess I could use the mydomain.com/blogurl but that's not ideal for what I'm trying to do...

4. treesd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a resource available that can help me through the process of creating aliases manually in mosso? I'm experiencing the same issue, though I have other WPmu blogs set up and this wasn't a problem before.

5. treesd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry -- please disregard my question. Thanks!

About this Topic