The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Main blog post links ok, but other blogs post links yield nothing.. (9 posts)

1. macslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I just got 2.8.2 up and running. My main blog works fine, so I went ahead and created ten more. I can post to the blogs, and I see the post on the blog, but when I try to hit on of the links like:

http://mydomain.com/blog/ace/2009/08/04/where-is-the-post/

I get nothing. In addition, my wordpress my is installed in an /blog directory, and the main links (that work) have a path of /blog/blog/... in them, any way to make that extra /blog go away ? I am new to the mu world, so go easy..

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

2. macslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wierd. Attempted to run the 2.8.3 update, and it all started working properly.. Hmm..

3. msrivathsan
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Bob,

Could you elaborate on the problem - looks like I am also having the same problem. Let me give you the details.

I successfully installed WPMU on WinXP-SP2+Apache-2.2.11+PHP-5.2.10. I created the first blog (as admin user only) and created my first post. But after I publish it, I am getting the page in which the post should be visible as blank except for the side-links. But if I click on my Blog page Title at the top, I am able to see the post but if I try to click on any of the categories (which are listed out in the side link column) attached to it, I am still getting the main post area as blank. I am able to see the blog post listed in the concerned admin pages and I am able to edit the post too.

Is this the same problem as yours? If yes, please do let me know where to get this 2.8.3 Update and how to apply it - you could probably show me the appropriate link to the relevant documentation.

Thanks and rgds,
    Watson

4. macslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

My problem was a bit different. My first blog worked fine, but blogs created after would create the posts, but the perma-links were broken. It has now started working, so not sure what was up. Now, if I can just get the 2.8.3 update applied.

5. chriscarman
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's strange - I just applied 2.8.4a and it's causing me the same problem you described. All of the pages in our other blogs work fine, but the pages in our root or main blog just redirect to the main blog. For example, I click on the link to http://www.blog.com/about/ (which is a page that I can successfully edit) and it redirects me to http://www.blog.com.

Could this be caused by the rewrite rule in .htaccess?

6. msrivathsan
    Posted 14 years ago #

If "chriscarman" was referring to my problem by saying "same problem" then, I didn't find any difference even after enabling .htaccess processing by Apache. This problem is simply driving me nuts; because of which I am not able to keep my deadline of delivering a decent CMS to my Department's Intranet.

I earnestly pray that my problem is reproducible and a solution is found asap.

rgds,
    Watson

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Re-save the permalinks options page, see if it helps.

8. msrivathsan
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi "andrea_r",

Initially, I didn't do any change and resaved the perma-links. Nothing happend - it was the same problem.

But I changed the "Common Settings" to "Day and name" from the earlier "Custom Settings". Now I am able to see the post even if I click on the concerned Tags. Thanks for that.

But, should I be doing this everytime I add a new post? If yes, then that would be a pain! Hopefully it is not.

Thanks and rgds,
    Watson

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, it was just the once to jump-start things.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by macslayer
  • Latest reply from andrea_r