The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

File upload space plugin (21 posts)

1. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just finished writing my first plugin! This allows you to set the file upload limits for specific blogs, overriding the site-wide settings. There's no hacks required - it's all in one plugin. The plugin first checks for a blog setting, and then the site-wide setting. It adds an option in the blog settings page to change the setting.

Here's the link: (but perhaps this would be better off on the WPMUDEV site?)
    upload-space-plugin.zip

Just put the file in your mu-plugins folder and test it by going to the wpmu-blogs.php page in the admin pages.

By the way... I'm no developer - so it would be a good idea for a couple of experienced devs to do a health check on it! Thanks!

2. Ste_000
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi, i have put the plugin, but don't works! i haven't any setting for the space in wpmu-blogs....my version of wpmu is december 18

ps. which is the name of setting form?

3. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

WOW! Was just reading the other thread about this and here you have it. Surprise surprise. :) Great. Will try it out.

4. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Installed on latest (622) and went to Site Admin -> Blogs -> Edit (picked one) and had no option to edit upload limit. ???

5. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Logged out and logged back in and it shows. A cache issue?

6. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

not working

7. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

amanzi, i'll send you and invite for wpmudev.org. Either post your email here or email at andrew [@t} idtstudios.com. :)

8. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

@Ste_000, @MazZziKa - I can't really help troubleshoot this, but maybe one of the devs out there can have a look at my code and see if there are any problems.
    @kahless - thanks for pointing that out, maybe it will help others who are having problems.
    @andrewbillits - thanks, you can send the invite to: stuart at amanzi dot co dot nz

I've included a screenshot of the interface, you can see it in this post: http://stuart.amanzi.co.nz/2006/07/02/file-upload-space-plugin/

9. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks Andrew - this plugin is now hosted here:
    http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Upload-Space-Plugin

Feel free to contribute any changes!

10. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

it works now .. thx ..

11. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

@MazZziKa - what fixed the problem, or did it just require logging out and back in again.

12. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

do not know just reupload the file again from the new ziped file

13. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

amanzi,

How about a second. When you edit a blog from the Site Admin menu you appear to have the option to set a per blog basis the file upload types. In the old build I have it doesn't work. It would be nice to give myself the ability to upload .zip but not other users. I will also have users using their blogs for podcasting and they will need mp3, mp4, m4a, and m4b, but I don't want to open up a ton of file types for everyone. I haven't tried this in RC2, so I'll do that and report.

14. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm, this has been totally removed in RC2. Their is no field for file types when editing a blog from Site Admin.

15. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

kahless: What do you use for podcasting?

16. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

@kahless - yeah I was thinking about creating more plugins that allow more site-wide settings to be overridden with a plugin.

17. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

samchng,

I use GarageBand to create the audio file. Then I have been uploading it to the blog and it is automatically picked up as an enclosure when you add a link to the file in a post. No fancy plugins or anything. I know there are some nice plugins for this and I have one on my family blog, but I haven't found any that work with MU or could be easily be modified to work.

I've got a sweet USB mic (the Samson C01U) with the shock mount. I haven't done many but this fall we are doing a collaborative study on the benefits of podcasting in higher education with Earlham College. So I am sure the mic will get some use and the blog as well.

18. kprimdal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Instead off create a new i just gonna update this tread. Does the plugin still work ? Because i can get it working i have added the plugin and everything seams fine, but when i try to change the size of a blog it still have the default size. I use Space Remaining Plugin for WPMU to see the size of the blog space.

19. DoggyBloggy
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just installed and seems to work for me. Haven't tried to upload a larger than default file yet, but the functionality shows up in site admin --> blogs --> edit blogs, and it takes my setting change.

After install, I did have to log out and log back in to see the functionality in admin though.

20. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

@ kprimdal

I have a similar question in another psot around here. the changing of upload space works, but it seems the space remaining plugin does not pick up the changed size, although someone around here told that you do not need a plugin for that, wpmu seems to have its own function for that. try searching for one of my posts, someone told me that answering one of my posts...

21. kprimdal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks

About this Topic