The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New User Registration Not Working (5 posts)

1. pollyplummer
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have enabled registration but I am getting some kind of loop when clicking the link to /wp-signup.php I get an error with Firefox: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." I checked the .htaccess file to see if there was anything in there that could be causing it but nothing turns up. I also have a bbpress integration and when a user registers for a new account there, it works no problem.

I had originally installed my wordpressmu under /wordpress-mu/ but then moved it to the root later. My config file says:

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');
    define('VHOST', 'yes');
    $base = '/wordpress-mu/';
    define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'cjmoloneys.com' );
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
    define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('BLOGID_CURRENT_SITE', '1' );

Is wrong with editing by hand and chaning the $base = '/wordpress-mu/'; ?? Everything on my site works fine except registrations. I don't even know if this is the cause.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, you'll have to edit the file and change that to "/"

3. pollyplummer
    Posted 14 years ago #

I changed it to "/" but still the signup doesn't direct to anywhere at all. Anyone have thoughts as to what could be causing this error?
    "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

4. pollyplummer
    Posted 14 years ago #

I went into the database and updated the wp_site table with the correct URL. Now when I click on "Create Account" it no longer gives the error. It directs to a page with this URL:
    http://cjmoloneys.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://cjmoloneys.com/register

however... you cannot register there. You can only login. I do have registrations enabled for users but not blogs. Any idea what could be causing this?

5. pollyplummer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do I need to re-install?? I'm not sure how I would go about re-installing because I have my bbpress installation already integrated as well as buddypress operating with a couple users. Anyone know how to retain this data and reinstall?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by pollyplummer
  • Latest reply from pollyplummer