The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blog Creation Error (24 posts)

1. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hola me amigos!

Just wanted to say that 2.8.4..........is kickin ass! Everything works PERFECTLY....except the fact that I get an error after creating a new blog. So I add the info for the new blog, click on the "Add Blog" button and I get this error

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_dashboard_blog() in /home/mydomain/public_html/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php on line 170"

The blog is still created and works perfectly fine....so not sure what the error is all about.

Any ideas?

Thanks Everyone!

Courtney Bostdorff

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hm. I just created a new blog both as a logged in user (front-end via wp-signup.php) and backend via wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php. Both worked, and neither threw that error.

Can you give more details? And, did you upgrade to 2.8.4a?

3. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

DeannaS - Hi and thanks for taking the time to write.

When I create a new blog from the front end, everything works fine....no error. However, I have noticed that creating blogs either way causes the themes to break. I created a new blog, here is the link http://test99.sitesires.com/ and you can see that the themes sidebar is not on the right where it's supposed to be.....then here is an older blog that was created before the upgrade http://wordlesswords.sitesires.com/ and you can see that the sidebar is right where it's supposed to be, it's the exact same theme.

In the error there is reference to the wpmu-edit.php file, so I overwrote the new wpmu-edit.php file with my older wpmu-edit.php fiel and that fixed the error message, however it did not fix the themes breaking.

Yes, I upgraded to 2.8.4a. I think I will revert back to 2.8.3 for the time being because I have a bunch of customer sites to create.

And also, on the newly created blogs, the "HOME" tab stays there no matter what, whereas the older blogs the "HOME" tab goes away as soon as you add a page (Using the same theme)....weird.

Thanks,

Courtney

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you have any hacks affecting the first post, or any plugins for the same?

5. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

No plugins, but I am using the "Options/First Post" to write my own greeting, but that also worked fine until the upgrade.

6. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using a plugin to automatically apply that theme? Or does the problem exist with the default theme?

7. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

andrea_r -

Did you have any hacks affecting the first post

For some reason I was thinking you were talking about the "Default Blog Options" plugin that I was using....YOU WERE RIGHT!

It was happening because I had an unfinished tag at the end of my paragraph on the first post setting. Took me and my programmer 1 hour and 50 minutes to figure it out.... Afterwards I showed him your post and he had a good laugh.

Thank you both for your help!

Courtney

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

:D

I'm just here to point you in the right direction. :D

9. iwaller
    Posted 14 years ago #

I had to revert back also to 2.8.3 as my theme broke this evening, after I upgraded to 2.8.4. I contacted my webhost, BLUE HOST, and they said they have received other calls about this particular upgrade breaking themes. I had some design work on my origianl theme and hate to lose it if I can even locate another 4 column compatible theme.
    I guess I'll now be vulnerable to hacks.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using single user WordPress?

11. iwaller
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Andrea, yes I'm using single user.

12. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wrong forum. :) You're in the multi-user version, so you need to go ask here:

http://wordpress.org/support/

13. memitch08
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm using MU 2.8.4a - just upgraded from 2.7.1 I believe - couldn't do the auto upgrade - so I had to do it manually -

I'm getting a blog creation error as well when I do it through the back-end Admin - if I do it from the front-end of the site it seems to be ok.

I also get an error when attempting to delete the blog created in the back-end Admin as well?

Here are the errors:

Blog seems to install fine from: wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php

But I get this message when I try to visit the blog or get into the back-end:

The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator.

If I try to delete the improperly installed blog I get the following error messages:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/livingf2/public_html/helpsend/wp-admin/includes/mu.php on line 50

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/livingf2/public_html/helpsend/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:50) in /home/livingf2/public_html/helpsend/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

It appears that it does delete the blog, but I cannot create new blogs.

I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it?

14. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Me neither, it's affecting one of my installs and we haven't found where to fix it yet.

(or i missed the trac ticket - entirely possible :P )

15. wpmuidiot
    Posted 14 years ago #

Here's something I haven't seen listed anywhere:

After upgrading from 2.7 to 2.84a, custom header images uploaded to our default theme stopped being displayed (and might have actually been deleted, I'm not sure what happened.)

I'm using a plugin to select the initial Default Blog... Anybody ever heard of this happening? Luckily we only have a few blogs since it's just getting started. If we had 1,000's it would have been a nightmare.

16. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"custom header images uploaded to our default theme stopped being displayed (and might have actually been deleted, I'm not sure what happened.)"

First step is to go check and see if they are there. Find a blog that had a custom header, look in their wp-content/blog.dir/ID/files folder for the headers.

17. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

hey i am using 2.9.1 wordpress MU and encontering the same error
    The blog you have requested is not installed properly.
    when i try and access the blogs bacnk end i can create blogs in the front end and the back but this error still persists i really need a solution for this and dont know where to turn any help would be great

18. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

***BUMP***

19. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

There's not enough information for us to help.

Did you check error logs?
    Did you look in the db to see what, if any, tables are created for the new blog?
    Is this a new install? Subdomain or subfolder?
    Did you try disabling all plugins?

20. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

right this is a new install i created a few blogs and it eventually stoped working.
    i checked the error logs and it isnt showing anything.
    i havent checked the DB im not sure were to start even in the mysql admin.
    its using subdomains
    and i have tried deavtivating all the plugins.
    i have also just realised that it is breaking my theme and the widget wont show.
    you can find it here:
    http://etymoblog.com/
    and here you can see the error
    http://fredriko.etymoblog.com/wp-admin/

21. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

i asked my hosting people and they said it was to do with the wordpress "api" but i really dont know where to start to debug that!

22. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

***bump***

23. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

vimes - you'll have to check the db, search the code for that error message and that will give you a good clue to what's going wrong on your server.

24. vimes1984
    Posted 14 years ago #

any idea where in the mysql that error code could be hidden?¿

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by selfmade64856
  • Latest reply from vimes1984