The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Moving index.php to a different folder (2 posts)

1. cy_borg5
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a site where I had five or six single-user WordPress blogs. To keep things organized I have a structure set up such as follows...

example.com/blogs/blog1
    example.com/blogs/blog2
    example.com/blogs/blog3

Once I have them set up I was able to move index.php for each of those blogs into whatever location on my website that I wanted to including the root. Then I could manually edit index.php to refer back to the actual location files. So for example...

example.com/movies/scifi/index.php

would contain the line...

require('../../blogs/blog2/wp-blog-header.php');

and the index.php files for the other blogs could be in various folders around my site not necessarily all at the same depth of subfolder and not necessarily all off of the same subfolder. For example another blog might be in...

example.com/TV/index.php

Or

example.com/music/rock/classic/index.php

Despite these varied locations the actual WordPress installations were still all part of the example.com/blogs folder but they appeared to be in a variety of places.

Now I'm trying to convert everything to WordPress MU using folders and not subdomains and it appears to me that no matter where I do all of my blogs have to be one subfolder of my WordPress MU folder. So for example if I installed WordPress MU in a folder called example.com/new_blogs then all of my blogs had to be in a subfolder of that folder and furthermore they could not be in a sub- sub- folder any number of levels.

So what I'm asking is... is there a way to trick WordPress MU into locating your blogs somewhere other than that main installation subfolder in the same way that you can with WordPress single user.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not that anyone has found yet.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by cy_borg5
  • Latest reply from andrea_r