The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Codex for WPMU? (11 posts)

1. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any chance of getting a Codex site set up for the WPMU site?

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

There is the Trac Wiki if you want to contribute some documentation there: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/wiki

TBH, I'm not sure if it's open to editing by anyone but try it if you want to contribute.

3. zota
    Posted 17 years ago #

The Trac wiki doesn't seem to allow editing. (I tried logged off, and logged on with my WordPress user name).

I've spent the last few hours in the forums looking for answers -- I could really use a community edited FAQ for common installation problems. (No WPMU site defined on this host, anyone?)

4. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does Wordpress.org use Trac as the Wiki/Codex on their site? Trac seems to be good at bug tracking but not very good as a wiki. I can't even see anywhere to create or edit pages??

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Maybe we could get Donncha to set up one here. :)

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think it was mentioned previously that since MU has so much in common with WP, that any codex material for MU is branched off the regular codex.

Aaaaaand if I could get the codex to come up for me, I'd provide linakge. :)

Also, MU is still in a state of flux, so things change sometimes too fast to add to anythign other than the changelog. I'm sure once it gets stable, and the devs and powers users have more *time*, we can all get to adding documention.

7. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm... would beg to differ on the proposed approach! We do have a handful of free and willing volunteers who don't mind helping out a bit... take the install issues for one... they're covered easily in 30 different topics on these forums . The search function IMHO don't work at all (I always use Google to work around it) so it is not very helpful. I believe that if this is set up asap, allow ppl like andrea_r, drmike allow to moderate it.. wikistyle would be great as we all can pitch in where we know our stuff the best. Remember... the WP developers have a tonne of more important things on their minds... setting up a wiki would take pressure off them.. make a change.. just flag the post that it has been changed and I know that I'll be one helping out updating the documentation!!

Anyone for seconds?

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Me? Moderate another forum? *shudder*

There was a thread a couple of days ago where we once asked Donncha to fix the search bar. He said he would pass on another request to Matt but I gather it didn't work.

If you go onto one of the subforums at the bottom of the main forum page, theres a link to the forum's search function. Gotta admit that it's one of the first things I changed when I put up my support forums.

I would like to see a FAQ here as well at the very least. Hopefully for common errors.

9. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm... I spoke too soon... just registered on the codex...

http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MickeMus

Now I better put my money where my mouth is and pitch in... any takers???

C'mon drmike... I'm sure that if you add another computer by your side you'll be able to keep up ;p

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I take weekends off. :D I'm in for helping and would love to see some sticky posts too.

11. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

I started building the WPMU topics on Codex : I look forward to others continuing to help to build them.

I'd appreciate if we can make those topics more visible. Can we get a sticky post to expose them like we do for search? Or maybe make the search sticky post also refer to the WPMU category list?

M.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by amanzi
  • Latest reply from mrjcleaver