The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide posts with Thumbnails (7 posts)

1. mohitkr05
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello i am currently using WPMU latest version and i need to get sidewide posts excerpts with thumnails either using custom class or timthumb script
    How can i do that?

need help

thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sitewide tags plugin, plus Justin Tadlock's Get the Image plugin.

3. mohitkr05
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the help

4. xyzzy
    Posted 14 years ago #

andrea_r, could you explain a little further how this is done? In the sitewide tags blog, I enabled the Get the Image plugin. Then I added <?php get_the_image(); ?> to one of my templates. But nothing happened. Do I need to switch-to-blog or something?

Thanks.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

make sure it's in the right template to start. :) (obvious & dumb, but I gotta say it).

also - make sure the posts being pulled in have images. how are they attached to the post? embedded? custom fields? just a link?

check the spruce of the page to see what info is *is* pulling, if anything.

you may have to include more variables in that function to get the images to display, like tell it to pull the first image it finds on the post, for instance. (it's in the get the image docs).

6. xyzzy
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks. image_scan helps, but it's not picking up images that are simply attached.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check in the backend of the tags blog. I'm betting it doesn't pull thru the images as attached to the post, is why.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mohitkr05
  • Latest reply from andrea_r