The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Change Permalink Format! (5 posts)

1. ColdCN
    Posted 17 years ago #

I use chinese and i have installed wpmu on iis6+isapi rewrite but it does not work.

if the permalink url have %postname% included, the chinese characters title will be not displayed.

so , change the permalink format and write a rewriterule for iisrewrite/isapirewrite/url rewrite so we can install it on iis.

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

Unfortunately IIS isn't supported because none of the developers use that webserver.
    If you can code a patch to fix the problem I'd be happy to integrate it. The patch has to detect that IIS is present and offer to install new rewrite rules.

3. ColdCN
    Posted 17 years ago #

can you set the permalink url mutliple? for instance, that can be ?p=%post_id% or /%year%/%month%/%day%/%postname% and it can be set in admin panel.

edit the permalink to ?p=%post_id% causes category links does not work, i fix it, but what's more, the trackback link also does not work and i do not know how to edit the general function.

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can edit the default permalink for new blogs by editing wp-admin/upgrade-schema.php and look for "permalink_structure".

You can also enable wp-admin/options-permalink.php by removing the wp_die() at the top of the file. You'll have to uncomment the relevant line in menu.php too.
    Edit permalink_structure in the options table of each blog if you want to change existing blogs.
    There can be only one permalink structure per blog, and I can't guarantee that things will work properly if you change it unfortunately.

5. ColdCN
    Posted 17 years ago #

I do it but the feed and trackback...

Please see my wpmu: http://blog.vr-breeze.org

About this Topic