The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Disable htaccess creation in blogs.dir files (8 posts)

1. arthurjarmstrong
    Posted 14 years ago #

So im curious if you guys know of a way to disable the creation of .htaccess and .htpasswd inside the wp-content/blogs.dir/#id/files/ when a new MU user is created. This is because when im using NextGEN Gallery its asking for a username and password to view/edit the files. Any ideas?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What's creating them? Its not normal WPMU behaviour

3. arthurjarmstrong
    Posted 14 years ago #

Really? I thought it must have been MU but I guess it may be NextGEN thats creating them. That helps answer at least part of my question. Thanks!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It could also be your server setup that's doing it.

5. webhostuk
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you having linux server try to install suphp to disable users to upload files under 777 permission files..In this case your folders will have 755 permission and will avoid users to upload unwanted files

6. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

I don't think suPHP is going to help in this particular case. In WPMU, everything runs under the user account that it was installed with. So every user of the WPMU install is using the same account permissions at the server level.

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I agree, something is automatically putting those files there

8. associateone
    Posted 14 years ago #

What other plugins are being used. There is a WP plugin called User Access Manager, for restricting user access that will do that and you won't notice until you try to upload a file or change a theme header (in WP).

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by arthurjarmstrong
  • Latest reply from associateone