The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

phpbb forum (9 posts)

1. mikedeep
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anybody has integrated phpbb forum with the wordpress mu, If there is a possiblity please reply soon

2. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

I made a hack in the WPMU-signup process that registers users for phpBB automatically when they create a blog. It's fairly simple and not very pretty but it works.

I'm out travelling right now, but I'll post the hack when I get home.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd love to see this as well. :)

I would think it would be as simple as just dropping the userinfo into the phpBB database.

4. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry for the late answer - I forgot :S

Well - this is not at all pretty. And it won't work too good if the user changes his/hers password (actually, it won't work :).

http://www.studinski.dk/phpbb2.txt

I inserted the code into wpmu-functions.php as the last part of the createBlog()-function. It works on my WPMU, but I'm going to change to bbPress since this solution is so damn ugly :D

What it does is, that it grabs the chosen username and the WPMU-generated password and fills in the data in the phpBB-user-table. This just means that users can log into phpBB with the same login as with WPMU.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's probably all you can do unless you added in more code elsewhere within WPMU. Then you would have issues with upgrading.

6. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Exactly - which is why I see bbPress as the best alternative.

7. websnail
    Posted 16 years ago #

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

WP-United for phpbb used WP not WMPU - I did play around with it in the early days of its release but it wasn't without its problems

9. nonegiven
    Posted 15 years ago #

bump ...

what would be great for me is the opposite way around, i.e.

when you make a blog, it automatically creates a user in phpBB3.

Or at least that one grabs the user details from the mySQL table of the other so that any login in one logs into the other.

Someone managed to do this for Mediawiki and phpBB3 ... so that as long as you had an account in phpBB3, you could log into a local Mediawiki and post there. That was great.

Basically, I am trying to create a built in support forum for blog owners that I suppose BBpress could be if it was ready.

TIA

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mikedeep
  • Latest reply from nonegiven