The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

BuddyPress Themes crash WPMU (14 posts)

1. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

All new versions. Buddypress change of theme puts wordpress mu in an endless loop. Crash! Help???

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Any help over on the buddypress forums?

3. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nope...
    It is a wordpress warning/error.

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

so whats the error?

If is a buddypress theme putting WPMU into a loop is it a defective theme?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You really shoudl take this up in the BuddyPress forums. The recent changes to the theme handling in BP are still in trunk, not released - so if you're using the trunk of BP and getting errors, over there is the best place to sort it out.

And make sure you've installed things in the right spot. The users over there will be able to sort you out.

6. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's fine. BUT. Nothing at BuddyPress. The error/warning is in a WPMU file. Everything is installed correctly. It is definitely a WP error.
    I'll keep it here...perhaps someone else will have the same error and help me. Thanks.

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

So what's the error? We can't help you if you wont tell us the exact error message you are getting

Just because WPMU is reporting the error it doesn't mean it isn't a Buddy Press issue

8. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at this a lot closer...I am finding it possibly is a problem with the parent child theme structure that is somewhat new. I have problems with that in WPMU before Buddypress. I am finding that the new way BP does themes is the same or similar to the parent child way.......
    Sooo...what I am seeing is that it is BOTH WP and BP. Debugging...be write back...
    Thanks for trying to help. Oh....the warning includes (implode)...[file permissions] in theme.php line 180 etc... I will recreate the error in a few minutes.
    Thank you again.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Child themes work fine in WPMU.

The new theme stuff in BP is, like you said, new. As in still in trunk, so there's bound to be errors, Your best bet is still to ask over in their forums.

10. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

Perhaps...but they have nothing at all. When I use child themes in WPMU it crashes...similar to the crash I get with Buddypress themes. Go figure.
    Still debugging it. I WILL find the problem...I always do.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Kind of asking the obvious here, but when you've tried child themes, did you make sure to have the parent theme installed too?

12. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

Installed everything as per the install file. Tomorrow I will reinstall these files to recreate the crashes. So that I may better pinpoint the faulty config' or whatever it may be. Am trying Joomla as well. I may switch over to it. Toooo many bugs lately.

13. Raginwolf
    Posted 14 years ago #

UNCOMMENT mu-plugins in wp-config.php. That was NOT in the documentation I got. Part of the problem solved. Now...working on this subdomain thing to get these themes working tip top.
    Thank you guys...

14. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just as an FYI, uncommenting that line is usually only for changing the location of the default mu-plugins. I haven't had to do that ever on a straight up install.

Just mentioning that it's out of the ordinary.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Raginwolf
  • Latest reply from andrea_r