The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

"Just Another" blog...how can I change this (3 posts)

1. arezki
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wow... I cant beleive I am almost there. 2 months after installing MU and Buddypress, I feel I can see the end of the tunnel. You guys in the open source community rock! Anyway: looking to replace blogger's or members blog title or comment, currently set at "Just another (kinda demeaning)" to something of my own that reflects the purpose of the site. There may be plugins and such, but nothing like making change within the script once and for all. Where can I do that? Million thanks for the feedback, as i am sure this has been addressed several times. Cant trace it though.

cheers
    A

2. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/New-Blog-Defaults

You may think you want to "change within the script once and for all", but trust me as soon as you need to upgrade you will regret modifying the core code. If for no other reason than you will find "once and for all" means "once for every upgrade".

3. arezki
    Posted 14 years ago #

thank you, sir. I am curious..what's the reasonsing behind that expression, from a technical standpoint? I say that because it somewhat trivializes the new blogs even though it is not the intention.. so I suspect there is a good technical reason for it. Thank you again so much, I appreciate the guidance.

Arezki

About this Topic