The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

changes in the wordpress.org profile display (7 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

just curios:

until now, I used to click my profile, then search for most recent and highlight the resutls in firefox thus easily showing me which of my threads had received answers.

How would I go check now for new answers? I am totally confused with this new profile feature :-(

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, if you're here in the MU forums, look in the upper right in the light blue bar. It'll say "Welcome Ovidiu View your profile" which is actually a different profile than the new ones.

You'll be able to see the mu-specific replies here.

On the new wordpress.org profiles, they don't show you what topics you posted to have new replies, just ones that you started. remember, this is a new and barely even announced feature. they're still working on it.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

:-) thx a lot. I was kidna lost, as that is the way I keep track of the threads I posted in. Now if I could just figure out a way to see the same information for the "normal" wp forums :-(

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Darn it, looks like they "fixed" it there to point to your profile page in all cases.

I can see this being a big enough issue for a lot of people that something will need to be done.

I'll go ask the guy working on it...

5. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hm... mine still has "recent replies" and "threads you started" on my profile page. I hope it stays. :)

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Click on Ovidui's name and you'll see the new wp.org profiles we're all getting.

7. duanestorey
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys. The old profile pages are still there, they are just not linked directly in the headers. I'm going to be helping put together a bbPress plugin which will hopefully add that functionality back into bbPress rather shortly.

If you know the old link, you can go there for now. I believe also the "Member" links on the left sidebar here still point to the old profiles, so you can bookmark your own for now. I'll post a bit more information tomorrow on the profiles.wordpress.org forum I started.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Ovidiu
  • Latest reply from duanestorey