The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Unfiltered MU - 2 issues (15 posts)

1. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I installed this plugin in the mu-plugins folder.

As an admin, I can paste my embed, update post and it works. But when I go to the visual tab and/or update again it strips the code again.

So basically, if I paste the code and save right away it works. As soon as I edit, it strips the code.

Second issue, only admins can do the above (it only works half way). The other users can't. This may be due to a role/default role setting.

*UPDATE*

I tried a youtube video instead of a google form. It now lets global admins to go from visual/html tab and the code stays.

However, regular users code gets stripped. What can be the problem?? It says they are admins of their blog!

2. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not surprising. Unfiltered-mu hasn't been updated in a while and the editor has gone through some revisions since the last update.

3. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there other good/updated plugins that allow for embed code and iframes?

Do you NEED a plugin or can you change the wpmu code to allow for such scripts.

Thanks.

4. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Depending on what you are doing, there are plug-ins available to do some things. Plug-ins are the preferred method, otherwise you'd have to go remove code from the WordPress core files after each update.

Here are some plug-ins that handle YouTube videos:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=youtube

If you want to do other things, try looking through the plugins directory to see if someone else has already created a plugin to do it.

5. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am trying to get the unfiltered my plugin working. It seems like some people have got it working.

My issue is that only the MAIN admins can add embed code but all other users (even thought they are admin of THEIR blog) can not. So, it's something with the roles I think.

Our teachers would want a lot.. you tube, slideshare, google forms, shelfari, iframes, ..pretty much everything...

Yeah, I don't think I want to mess with the wpmu core code.

6. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Try this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/capsman/

Set up each user or group with the "unfiltered_html" option. That should take care of it.

One word of caution though: an enterprising soul, armed with unfiltered_html, can post malicious JavaScript or other scripts to your site. Just be aware of that as you move forward.

Tim

7. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is that for wordpress mu? Do i put it in the wordpresss-mu plugins or the regular plugins?

8. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Try it in your regular plugins folder. I'm not sure if it is built to be used in the mu-plugins folder.

9. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

So this will be managed per user/blog though...

10. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I actually put the unfiltered plugin in the plugins folder and not the wordpress mu plugins folder. It works.

The only issue is that when pasting iframes - if you paste, publish it will work. But when you edit the post again and switch from visual/html tabs and update your post it will strip the code then.

Any suggestions?

11. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd have to dig for it but that's a long time wordpress issue.

12. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Was there a fix?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I did find at least one plugin on the WP plugin repo for embedding iframes in posts.

14. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

do you remember what it was called?

15. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Found it.. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/embed-iframe/installation/

Got it working however, I can not cahnge the width size! I use [iframe http://example.com 400 500] and change the width/height but it won't change.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mebenson
  • Latest reply from mebenson