The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Site Admin > Blog > Theme not working after upgrade. (10 posts)

1. takuya
    Posted 14 years ago #

Per blog theme setting suddenly stopped working after upgrade to 2.8.1a. No matter how many times I click the checkbox next to theme name and save, the changes are not saved.

Does anyone know which MYSQL entry has this information? Since I can't change via the admin page, I'd like to try if I can manually set via phpmyadmin.

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hm...works for me. But, it's not totally intuitive. It enables themes for a specific blog that are disabled site-wide. So, if you have all your themes enabled site-wide, then using site admin > blogs > edit > theme isn't going to do anything. (I'm assuming that's the real path you're talking about, right?)

Anyway, the value is stored in that blogs options tables, so in wp_[blogid]_options table look for an option called "allowed themes." Here's an example of allowing the Andreas theme:

a:1:{s:12:"wp-andreas01";s:2:"on";}

3. takuya
    Posted 14 years ago #

I found out the database entry last night, but the entry looks encrypted to me. :-)

Does anybody know what each number means?

4. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

That is a smart query, or a PHP-serialized list of values. You can use the PHP function unserialize to break that back down into its original form and manipulate it. Then serialize it again and store it in the database.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"s:12:"wp-andreas01""

String coming up:12 characters in length "wp-andreas01" (which has 12 characters)

So, s:2:"on" mean a strin gof 2 characters, with a value of "on".

6. amskape
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am also Fall in a Trap ... In which I install Wordpress-MU in Linux local machine. Installation is Success and My problem is I cannot Give Theme Blog by Blog Basis . I can Give it and the Form is
    Submitted Successfully .. But no Effect in the UserSide ... No theme
    Changing Occur. Pls give me a Solution , what may be my Problem....
    I am waiting for your Fast Reply....

my mail id is : anes.pa@amskape.com

Thanfully
    Anes P.A

7. amskape
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi pals,
    I have Same Problem Regarding Template Changing. I can Change template
    in Admin Side Smoothly and Corresponding Change occur in wp_[blogid]_options , "allowed themes". I set that the andreas theme
    then I got entry a:1:{s:12:"wp-andreas01";s:2:"on";}
    as described above . But in user Side no change of Design Based on that
    template. what's wrong with that? I install Wordpress-MU in Linux Fedora Core 8 local machine . I have some other issue also , when I add a new
    post in a blog , that blog post is displayed in main Blog page nicely.
    But I click to go it's Detailed view page 404 page not Found Error
    occur.... Pls help me as Early as Possible....

Thanfully
    Anes P.A

8. amskape
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am also Fall in a Trap ... In which I install Wordpress-MU in Linux local machine. Installation is Success and My problem is I cannot Give Theme Blog by Blog Basis . I can Give it and the Form is
    Submitted Successfully .. But no Effect in the UserSide ... No theme
    Changing Occur. Pls give me a Solution , what may be my Problem....
    I am waiting for your Fast Reply....

Thanfully
    Anes P.A

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Your problem is the entire sub-blog is not working.

If the post is showing up on the main blog, then you're on the main blog.

If you have a subdomain setup, then on a local machine you need to create the subdomains.

10. amskape
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello sir,
    In my case I use subdirectory instead of sub domain. All other things works fine , but the real problem is I cannot change the theme of each blog . I have 2 blogs already , one is Default one created on the installation of wordpress and second blog named "test" , I created for the
    test purpose. In my themes Directory I have 3 themes named classic,default and home. In addition to this I add some more themes
    named emptiness,opposed,wp-andreas01,comment-central. When I go to
    site Admin >> Themes I can view all these one with Active Status No.
    In Appearance > Theme I can view two themes Current theme as "WordPress Classic 1.5 by Dave Shea" and Available Theme as "WordPress Default 1.6 by Michael Heilemann".

I don't activate other themes because I want to activate themes Blog by Blog bais. But when I do same in i got message save option. But When
    I visit that blog no change in theme occur. Why like this? I am really
    tired about this issue.

How this remedy the problem. I am plan to install Wordpress MU 2.9.2 in online with Sub domain. I Expect my problem is some in localhost....

please advise me soon

Regards and thankfully

Anes

About this Topic