The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

2.7.1 to 2.8.4a => No database update? (3 posts)

1. plug_n_author
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just ran through the upgrade cycle of WordPress MU 2.7.1 to 2.8.4a and noticed two things:

1) When I logged into wp-admin, I noticed that it didn't ask to upgrade the database. Going to wp-admin/upgrade.php said that no updates were required. Is this expected? My local WordPress guru said that it was unusual.

2) I saw earlier that there was supposedly a fix for plugins being activated sitewide not actually being activated sitewide. I assumed this was fixed as stated by the developers. Apparently, it is NOT fixed because I had to run my script to copy the active plugins option from the root blog to all the other blogs in our MU install.

Side note: Why is WordPress MU 2.8.4a not an option in the version dropdown when posting topics?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

1) yep, normal for MU. And in the case between these version, no db changes were needed.

2) it's fixed in trunk, after the latest release :)

side note: they're on it. :D

Also, double-check your widgets page. If it still looks like the old version, it didn't upgrade everything and if you did the auto-upgrade, it failed and you'll need to do the manual upgrade. Widgets changed after 2.7.

3. plug_n_author
    Posted 14 years ago #

Excellent. Thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by plug_n_author
  • Latest reply from plug_n_author