The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

sql file import problems (5 posts)

1. mymorningstory
    Posted 14 years ago #

I recently moved my site from one server to another. I had to do this fast, and I forgot about the export option in the mu.wordpress control panel. I did however, have the backup plugin working, and I do have back up sql file of my site.

When I installed mu.wordpress on my new server, and I used

http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/restore/ <- this reccommended method with the phpmyAdmin Plugin all info taken from

http://codex.wordpress.org/Restoring_Your_Database_From_Backup

After I did this, my site crashed on me, and is no longer working. I plan on doing a re-install soon.

But What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to get my site back up?
    PLEASE HELP! :(

Matt

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

if you can get to the command line you can use the mysql command line to do it. The problem with using phpmyadmin is that a large import file can take longer than your php timeout settings.

3. mymorningstory
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have full access to the mysql; however, I am not very familiar with it. I do know someone that is, but is there something particular on how to do it via the command line in mysql?

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

mysql -uusername -ppassword (and yes there are no spaces between the -u and the -p and the userid and password). Once you are in to the mysql command line its a matter of switching to the right DB:

use wpdbname;

and importing the file:

source export file name;

So if my userid/password is fred/monday and my wpdb is called wpmu and my export file is called monday_09.sql I would do:

mysql -ufred -pmondday
    use wpmu;
    source monday_09.sql;

5. mymorningstory
    Posted 14 years ago #

Resolved the problem, my friend followed your instrcutions and now I have the posts and the comments up. Thats all that matters to me.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mymorningstory
  • Latest reply from mymorningstory