The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Major RSS problem (8 posts)

1. kbeatt
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi I am hoping someone can help me out. Since I have upgraded to 2.8.4a, The feeds from the dashboard and the RSS widget do not work at all. I have not been able to bring any RSS feeds into any of my sites. In fact, every time I load the dashboard or try to add the RSS feed widget, my Apache server crashes and restarts. I am running Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.3 on WinXP.
    I turned on strict error logging and the only errors about this in the php log file are:
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of WP_Scripts::set_group() should be compatible with that of WP_Dependencies::set_group() in D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-scripts.php on line 197
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php:33) in D:\wamp\www\wp-admin\load-scripts.php on line 126
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php:33) in D:\wamp\www\wp-admin\load-scripts.php on line 127
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php:33) in D:\wamp\www\wp-admin\load-scripts.php on line 128
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php:33) in D:\wamp\www\wp-admin\load-scripts.php on line 131
    [16-Sep-2009 11:14:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\wp-includes\class.wp-dependencies.php:33) in D:\wamp\www\wp-admin\load-scripts.php on line 133

Also, Firebug reports an error in line 19 of /wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery,utils,quicktags&ver=b64ae9a301a545332f1fcd4c6c5351b4

I really need this fixed since crashing Apache tens of times a day can't be good for stability.

Thanks

2. kbeatt
    Posted 14 years ago #

Any Suggestions?

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

But what is the apache crash? That might tell us something

4. kbeatt
    Posted 14 years ago #

The error in the Apache log is:
    Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

Thanks

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK the php errors are caused by you turning on strict error reporting. If you turn off strict reporting they'll vanish again

The apache error is worth searcing on google - for example:

http://www.java-samples.com/showtutorial.php?tutorialid=1050

6. kbeatt
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have already done my google searching for the error and i have already tried the libmysql.dll "fix", but I haven't found anything that works. Everything about my sites work perfectly except the RSS feeds part. I'm not sure what else to try. I have reinstalled the core files and that didn't work either.

7. kbeatt
    Posted 14 years ago #

So apparently, if you somehow enable the php_operator extension in php, you have a problem. I am not sure how this could have been enabled, but I disabled that php extension, and all my feeds started working. Thanks for giving me a jumpstart.

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

And when you do a search for that on google people say it kills some apps. I gather its the windows version of PECL.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by kbeatt
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty