The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Any SEO impact when setting up similar sites on MU (5 posts)

1. Fabster
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am thinking of setting up numerous sites on MU, each having similar content, i.e. occasional words will be different but essentially the content will be the same.

Could you tell me if there would be any SEO impact on these sites because of similar (duplicate) content?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Actually the concept of duplicate content is now being downplayed by folks from Google:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/09/16/google-busts-the-duplicate-content-myth

I myself recently went google'ing for the widescreen instructions to a popular computer game only to discover the first three results were exact copy and pastes of each other, right down to the comments. (I believe the content originally came from a forum, the first hit) The only difference was the layout of the site and the links within the sidebar.

All the rest of the results were different content. It was strange to see the first three returns to be the exact same content.

Your mileage may vary. To be honest, I wouldn't do it.

3. webhostuk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes surely duplicate contain Blog website are badly affected in google search engine ..if you need an productive output make sure the contains are unique

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Near as I can tell, duplicate content is only an issue if the content is duplicated on the exact same domains. That's why you see a lot of search results with the exact same content on different sites.

But, ten different links to get to one entry on my own site? Duplicate content.

5. Fabster
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'm sorted now!

I will be going ahead with this, I think, but will put in place some things, links, no follows etc to achieve my goals.

About this Topic