The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Bloggi (16 posts)

1. Xen
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://bloggi.org, A nice free blogging site :-p

usually with prebuilt apps which are open source, I tend to remove the copyright lines if I have to do a lot of work to get it working.

With WPMU and Wordpress I felt it neccesary to leave these lines in, or at least a backlink... Wordpress MU is fantastic. What we need now lol

is BBPress MU :-p

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I *love* the demo blog idea. Why didn't someone think of that before? :) (Doh!)

3. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrea, i think someone has done that before. Haha... :)

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Demo blog would probably be a good idea. Cut down on the number of "demo blogs" being created just to see what you have to offer.

How, though do you keep someone from changing the password or doing other damage?

Quick aside - You missing screencaps for the Orange Strip and Blue Strip themes.

5. AndWat
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is the first new WPMU site announced here in a few weeks. I've added it to the list I maintain in the sidebar of:
    http://andwat.edublogs.org/

6. Xen
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks Guys :-p and the demo blog is reinstalled periodicly, by hand atm... working on a crontab to install it and re-install it/flush the tables

7. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

The demo blog is certainly be an excellent idea. Would anyone like to make a plug-in that automatically resets the assigned demo-blog(s) according to an admin set time.

(I'd like to be able to select multiple blogs as demo blogs so I can mess with the spammers.

Freq---

8. Xen
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm investigating this issue, it'll be something like:

On the options panel

Enable Demo Blog: (checkbox)

then it calls a function to empty the posts, users and comments tables...

at a set time.

9. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

We would be in your debt Xen. Love the idea.

Freq---

10. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is what I came up with for deleteing and reloading a demo blog.

171 is the blog_id. 125 is the user id.

It's not a plugin but you can see what it entails. I'm running it every 20 minutes.

Probably should use a different theme though instead of the basic one.

I gave up on the rewrite rules as they wouldn't load. It appears WPMU reloads them itself when they're not found.

12. flann
    Posted 17 years ago #

.org, nice!
    That is F$%@#%UP Opera :P

Remove the , also better for your PR ;)

13. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, your link gives me 404

14. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

me too.

15. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, is this a cron job? I notice it's got wp-config included at the start, how are you calling/running this file?

16. mhamberg
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd like to revisit this. Drmike your link sounds like exactly what we need except the site no longer exists.

We'd like to have a demo subdomain that refreshes once or twice a day. Does anyone know how to do that or have a reference?

About this Topic