The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can Someone Help me Get my RSS Back? (5 posts)

1. PetLvr
    Posted 14 years ago #

Somehow, I upgraded from 2.8.3 directly to 2.8.4a on September 12th and since then I have not had any RSS for any of my 38 sites of the root and subdomains of http://HARTmarket.com

Although, that's not entirely true .. because when I click on the RSS button on any blog - e.g. http://halloween.HARTmarket.com/feed/ and view it on my screen - I see 100% of the latest posts. However, if I view the feed through Bloglines or another feed reader program, it stops at September 12th.

All my sites' RSS Feed is individually setup at Twitterfeed and was being posted individually to http://twitter.com/HARTmarket my twitter account. But, @twfeed claims it is still not receiving any new information.

I noticed a similarity on another discussion thread and commented, and Andrea_R mentioned the possibility of bad characters in the database.

So - this is what I've done since then:

I've deleted the immediate post after the last post that appears in the RSS Feed readers for each of my 37 subdomain blog/stores .. I've double checked that all my existing plugins are up to date and compatible with the latest wpMU .. (I couldn't tell about the ones in my mu-plugins folder so I just deleted them).

I am at a loss. Since September 11th .. nothing new has happened with my server, and with over 60 blogs - (regular wp and current to 2.8.4) all others are working perfectly and being sent to my twitter accounts with twitterfeed - although, one of them tends to keep missing schedule posts.

On Sep 4th I was hit on about 8 blogs with that wordpress worm going around and I fixed, restored, or reinstalled wordpress to fix - and afterwards, from Sep 7th to Sep12th the RSS posts all show up accurately in the twitterfeed.

I've tried to review my MySQL database with all the tables, but couldn't .. and over the weekend I asked my server tech to look - they did and didn't find any unusual characters.

So - Can someone help me and suggest ways to start kicking out RSS feeds once again?

Thanks // HART aka PetLvr

2. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looks like your feed is coming from supercache.

3. PetLvr
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm not really sure what that means, how it is possible, or how I can stop having my feed come from "supercache" .. but - YES I was using the wp-super-cache plugin.

I just uninstalled it in the portal site ... and deleted all files on my server just in case any of the subdomains were still picking up remnants from that ..

I will see what happens next and if my feed starts working again ..

Thanks
    HART

4. PetLvr
    Posted 14 years ago #

HOLY CRAP! That worked :)

WPMUGURU .. YOU'RE MY HERO!

4 minutes later and they all the posts started to flood over to my twitter from twitterfeed ..

I'll leave it without the caching plugin for now .. but, hopefully now that it is flushed out and removed .. it might be okay for me to use the wp-super-cache plugin once again ?? In addition to a store, these sites are blogs and blog posts are included

5. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do you understand what caching does?

About this Topic