The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Switching from logo to text header in BlogOhBlog v2 (3 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd like to give a member blogger the ability to use the BlogOhBlog v2 theme.

This theme, however, comes with a graphic header. I can edit the Photoshop file that came with the theme, but I'd rather make it easy for any other blogger by switching to a text-only header.

Here is the code from the header.php file, which seems standard:

<div id="header">
    	<h1><a href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h1>
    	<p class="desc"><?php bloginfo('description'); ?></p>
    </div>

This is the code from the stylesheet:

`/*****************************************/
    #box{width:945px;background:#fff;margin:20px auto;padding:10px;}
    #top{width:945px;background:#000 url(i/topbck.gif) repeat-x;height:80px;margin:0;padding:0;}
    #header{float:left;width:440px;margin:0 0 0 10px;padding:0;}
    #header h1{text-indent:-10000px;margin:0;padding:0;}
    #header h1 a{display:block;background:url(i/logo.gif) no-repeat left;height:51px;}
    p.desc {float:left;margin:5px 0 0 0;padding:0;color:#fff; }
    .ads{color:#fdfdb0;float:right;width:468px;text-align:right;font-size:11px;margin:10px auto;padding:0 10px 0 0;}
    #jubow{background:#f3f2ed;height:30px;margin:10px auto; width:505px; float:left; position:inherit;}'

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does it put the text over the graphic? Is the graphic logo.gif? If so remove the relevant line from the css file

3. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

The structure is the default wp header structure, so converting the blog to use the wordpress custom header api should be fairly easy.

http://boren.nu/archives/2007/01/07/custom-image-header-api/

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from kgraeme