The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blank page after moving to new servers (3 posts)

1. helmi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

i just moved a wpmu installation to a new server where all i get is blank pages. I already switched display_errors in php to on and activated the error logging but don't get any errors.

Other sites on this server (with drupal for example) work well so the basic setup should be okay. I also tried renaming the plugin and theme folders for testing but that didn't change anything.

I followed the lines of the code and found out that the place where wordpress dies is the line where functions.php get's included within wp-settings.php. I'm near the end of my possibilities now, probably anyone of you has an idea where i can probably look next to find the cause.

Thanks,
    Frank

P.S: The latest choosable version when starting a new topic is 2.7.1 - probably someone can update this.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What level of error logging did you set?

3. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you transfer the database from one server to another? Did the domain name get changed? If the domain name changed, it is possible that WPMU isn't finding the data it needs in the database.

And also, did you check file permissions? If the file permissions are bad, that could be why an include is causing errors. Try setting permissions to 0755 or 0644.

About this Topic