The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can create blogs, but they install incorrectly. Likely database issues? (14 posts)

1. chriswinsatlife
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just installed WPMU and I'm having some trouble with creating or deleting blogs.

• Creating a blog leads to a blank screen. No confirmation. Returning to dashboard and refreshing shows a new blog, but it cannot be visited ("Blog installed incorrectly. Contact sysadmin.") and shows a
      "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/f/o/o/mydomain/html/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 147.

• I CAN delete blogs, but get an error message whenever I do:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/content/f/o/o/mydomain/html/wp-admin/includes/mu.php on line 50

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/o/o/mydomain/html/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:50) in /home/content/f/o/o/mydomain/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865"

I suspect these are database problems, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

What kind of setup, subdomains or subfolders?
    Did the tables get created for the new blogs? Does the db user have ALL permissions on the db?
    Where did you create them from, the backend or the signup page?

3. chriswinsatlife
    Posted 14 years ago #

Subdomains.

Tables did not appear to be created, though I don't know exactly what to look for it seems that the database looks the same as when there was one blog.

I created them from the backend.

Finally, I use GoDaddy unfortunately and they do not really have much configuration when you set up a database. Apparently they automatically create only one user who has all permissions, which I used for WPMU, but I did not do anything to configure this. I did not check something called "Allow Direct Database Access."

Does any of that help?

4. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

If I recall well, for Godaddy, you need a “Deluxe” hosting plan and need to purchase a Dedicated IP Address so you can add a wildcard record to host.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep. If you don't have the right stuff at GD, MU won't work right.

6. chriswinsatlife
    Posted 14 years ago #

I actually do have all of those things at GD, but it still won't work. Given they won't let me actually see database users, let alone create them to my specifications, I moved to a different host.

All of my problems were magically solved. Thanks for the support--perhaps there should be some kind of warning that it's 10x more difficult to get WPMU to work on GoDaddy. A lot of people seem to have problems.

I probably should've done more research though. Thanks again!

7. StefanCP
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello. I do get exactly the same error. I am hosted on hostgator. Wordpress is freshly installed, domain is clean, i am planning to make a few blogs on it.
    The db username has all permissions. The subdomain is swineflu.cipiworld.net
    I also have set up a subdomain named *.cipiworld.net - i guess it is mandatory , relating to a DNS issue i do not technically understand.
    What am i doing wrong?
    Cheers

8. StefanCP
    Posted 14 years ago #

Here is the php with the 147 line error:
    http://cipiworld.net/wpmu-blogs.txt

9. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What error?

10. StefanCP
    Posted 14 years ago #

As i have said, i get exactly the same errors like the person starting this thread:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/cipcip/public_html/cipiworld.net/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 147

and when deleting:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/cipcip/public_html/cipiworld.net/wp-admin/includes/mu.php on line 50

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cipcip/public_html/cipiworld.net/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:50) in /home/cipcip/public_html/cipiworld.net/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

11. StefanCP
    Posted 14 years ago #

SOLVED. The problem was the wildcard subdomain, it was set up incorectly. It should have been set to point to public_html/cipiworld.net instead of just public_html. I have corrected that be removing it and re-adding it in the cpanel.

12. camyden
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm getting the same error... hoping you all can help me track it down..

can delete blogs but when trying to create new blogs from the backend as admin i get the dreaded:

"The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator."

getting this error:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.zwingli/camyden/c/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 149

was able to add blogs as of yesterday.. not sure what changed.. have not added any new plugins or anything...

13. best registry cleaner
    Posted 14 years ago #

Even me, man -- This MU isn't as easy as it seems. I tried tweaking wpmu-blogs.php but didn't help me at first.. still trying to find an working solution. Else have to revert back to single blog, I hope someone from this forum can help fix the solution.

14. dr.pollo
    Posted 13 years ago #

I had same problem, you need to deactivate buddypress before create a new blog, after that you ca reactivate without any problems :D

WPMU 2.9.2 + bp 1.2

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by chriswinsatlife
  • Latest reply from dr.pollo