The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Logged in user not being recognized (16 posts)

1. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

On my wpmu install I cannot visit the wp-admin of any of my blogs that aren't the root blog.

eg. I can login as the site admin and be the admin for the blog I'm trying to access and when I got the to mydomain.com/blog2title/wp-admin/ I get redirected to wp-login.php

This happens no matter what user I'm logged in as, but I can still access my blog that is located at /'s wp-admin with no trouble what so ever.

Any ideas?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can you visit the frontend of the blogs? At mydomain.com/blog2title/?

3. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah I can view the blogs just fine but no admin access

4. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

bump

5. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using a hosting service or your own server? If you are with a host, who is it?

<tim>

6. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm using Rackspace cloud hosting

7. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

With Rackspace, did you order a Windows or Linux server?

8. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

it is a linux server I believe it's running PHP 5.2.9 or a slightly older version

Though I belive that the problem may be caused by this query http://docs.google.com/View?id=d6csj54_11cp8jdpfw
    it may be slowing or disabling the sql server while trying to get the user credentials.

9. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

The query shouldn't cause a loop as you described above. If a query were slowing your server down, you should be seeing a timed out page or internal server error page.

I'd make sure that your server has mod_rewrite enabled and that your .htaccess file is set up correctly. Those are more likely reasons for a redirect loop.

10. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

It is not a loop that would be caused by htaccess because I can view wp-login and even log in but wp-admin on the sub blogs doesn't recognize the user as logged in so it sends them back to wp-login even though they successfully logged in

11. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can view wp-login and even log in but wp-admin on the sub blogs doesn't recognize the user as logged in so it sends them back to wp-login even though they successfully logged in

Though I guess that does describe a loop...

I checked my .htaccess and it is correct and the mod rewrite works for sure because I can view the blogs. It seems like something weird is going on in the wp-admin head but I haven't added any actions to it, and if it were from something I added wouldn't it happen on the root domain's wp-admin too?

12. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using multiple domains?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"the mod rewrite works for sure because I can view the blogs. "

Also check the permalinks on the blogs.

@tim - he's using a subfolder install.

14. ninnypants
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok finally had a chance to do it appears that page permalinks work but post permalinks do not.

Also it may be an issue with is_user_logged_in()I have pages that show something different if you are logged in and some it works on and others it doesn't
    eg. on the home page of the blog the the registration link doesn't show up because I'm considered to be logged in but if I go to a page other than the front page it no longer see's me as logged in.

15. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

Your apache config may be missing

AllowOverride FileInfo

16. Jacksplay
    Posted 14 years ago #

add in wp-config.php

define('ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
    define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
    define('COOKIEPATH', '');
    define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '');

About this Topic