The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Not Sending Confirmation E-mails, But Is Sending Site Admin E-mails (2 posts)

1. webmacster87
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having a strange issue with WordPress MU in that I can't get it to send confirmation link e-mails, such as when a blog's primary e-mail address needs to be changed, or when a non-site admin invites a new user to their blog. But I know that the PHP mail() function is not the problem, not only because other sites on the same hosting account have no problems with mail(), but because WPMU does send e-mails to the site administrator when new blogs or users are added, etc.

I did search through similar topics on these forums, but looking at the mail() function seemed to be the only answer, which isn't the problem in my case. And someone else suggested the Cimy Swift SMTP plugin, but that plugin isn't working at all for me because it has an "Uncaught exception" error indicating that the SMTP doesn't work, even though I've triple-checked the settings for that plugin.

Would really like some help on this so that I can get the confirmation e-mails working right...

2. webmacster87
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got some help on this one from my web host. Turns out that in order to combat spam, they place a limitation on the mail() function that the e-mail address listed in the From header has to be from the domain that they are hosting. That bit of info will hopefully fix my problem.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by webmacster87
  • Latest reply from webmacster87