The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I want to Export all users posts via Tools how can i do it? (5 posts)

1. apaunganhote
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I want to Export all users post via Tools, I tried to login with admin and export, choose All authors, but i only get that admin blog posts and comments, not all the users of my wordpress MU. How can i achieve it ? Please kindly help me out. Thanks.

With Regards,

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

The Tools -> Export will only work per blog, not all blogs. So you need to go to each individual blog and do Tools -> Export.

Alternatively, if you have access, you could use phpmyadmin and back up the database directly.

3. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

@apaunganhote - I am looking for the same thing. Did you ever find a solution? currently I am just doing a mysqldump via a shell script, but I wanted something a little more granular and easily re-imported if there ever was a disaster.

4. ccagle8
    Posted 14 years ago #

I found this link, which apparently works great for WP, but its unusable for WPMU

http://unixwayoflife.wordpress.com/2008/11/08/automated-wordpress-com-backup/

I thought about changing it to work with WPMU, but I got stuck at the point where you need to specify the user's WP password, and all you can pull from the mySQL database is the password hash.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you have a db dump, you can easily rebuild. :)

If you wanted granularity on just the users, then just export those tables.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by apaunganhote
  • Latest reply from andrea_r